Summertime is here and many families are anticipating a family vacation to Walt Disney World in Florida. PlanForDisney has a few tips to help out:
1. Stay hydrated! FL is H-O-T but thankfully ice water is free. Stop by any permanent drink stand and request a cup of ice water.
2. Sunblock, Sunglasses, Swimsuits. If you forget ’em, Disney sells ’em in the gift shops of all resorts.
Summertime is usually rainy in central Florida. The good news: Rain showers pass and the sun reappears.
Add these fun items to your suitcase to use on your vacation! You can certainly purchase these at the Disney Parks, but if you bring your own, you’ll save a buck or 50!
- Mickey Mouse T-shirt – A trip to Walt Disney World is extraordinarily fun especially when guests choose to be a part of the magic by dressing in a character-inspired wardrobe. Hop on into your local Disney store, or even your local Wal-Mart. Both places carry an array of Disney paraphernalia.
- Disney Toy– What fun it would be to surprise your wee ones with a Disney gift even before heading into the parks! We always love to pick up a trinket or two at Wal-Mart, Target, or the Disney Store and secretly stash it in the suitcase. Before our first day in the parks, the gift makes a grand appearance … and magically curbs the requests for more at the gift shops!
- Disney Princess Dress – The Bippity Boppity Boutique is an extraordinary place for little girls to be pampered into a Princess. You can pay for the experience, including the dress, hair, and makeup, or you can create your own Boutique in your room. Bring the dress and tiara from home. Create a special space by your hotel vanity and spend a little time spoiling your princess before heading out to dine at Cinderella’s Castle.
- Glow-stick necklace – When the sun goes down the light-up toys come out! Surprise your family with the glow stick necklaces you grabbed at the dollar store.
- Disney PJs– Everyone’s a kid at WDW, so why not dress like one? Pick up Disney themed PJs for the whole family. Before leaving for a day at the parks, be sure to be the last one out of the room so you can secretly lay ’em out to be discovered when you return to your room for the night.