I highly recommend the Disney Dining Plan. It does provide a nice savings for fine dining and enhances the Disney experience as a whole. But it is somewhat pricey. If the Dining Plan absolutely does not fit within your budget, follow these penny pinching tips my family has tried:
Whether its for my family or a client, making reservations for a Disney Trip means family fun is just around the corner! Here are a few tips on how to best make reservations:
- Look for specials and savings: Check out sites like MouseSavers for the latest specials.
- Have flexible dates: Because WDW has rates that change with the seasons, you may be able to save a bunch by visiting when they offer lower prices or special vacation packages. I recently helped a family save over $1,000 on their trip by adjusting their vacation to take advantage of a great deal!
- Plan ahead: Disney specials are based on availability. Because most guests are looking for a deal, the best ones can book up pretty quickly. Give yourself enough time to book a trip well in advance.
- Phone not Internet : Calling 407-W-DISNEY is the way to go. The Disney Cast Members have access to the latest specials, resort availability, and vacation packages.
- Ask for Assistance: Tracking down the best deals, selecting a hotel, making dining reservations, and navigating the parks can be overwhelming.
Feel free to ask me . I LOVE to help!
1. Allow yourself several days to enjoy all 4 parks and your hotel, too! Disney is a big place with excitement waiting around every corner. In our experience, the most enjoyable trips have been when we have allowed ourselves enough vacation days we could slow the pace from run-and-conquer to stroll-and-savor. Give yourself extra time. You deserve it.
2. Stay at the Walt Disney World Resort Hotels. There are so many benefits to staying on property, in addition to the close proximity to the parks. We love the extra perks like Extra Magic Hours and the Disney Dining Plan, which are available exclusively to guests staying on property. The quality and service at the Disney Hotels makes it a must do!
- Exclusive access: Some features are only available to guests who are staying at a WDW Resort
- Disney Dining Plan – a money-saving, pre-paid dining package
- Extra Magic Hours – parks open early or stay open late just for resort guests